WICHITA, Kan. – This afternoon, ECHL released the next segment of its 2020-21 schedule, running from Friday, January 15 thru Thursday, February 11, 2020.
As a reminder, the ECHL is operating this season with a split-season format, meaning that 13 teams are playing a full 72-game schedule, while Fort Wayne and Toledo could play a 50-game schedule, beginning February 12.
The remainder of the schedule, through the end of the league’s regular-season, will be announced soon.
The Thunder will open this stretch of the schedule with a three-game set in Allen on Friday, January 15, Saturday, January 16, and Sunday, January 17. Four days later, they will come home and play the Kansas City Mavericks on Thursday, January 21.
For the first time this season, the Indy Fuel will come to INTRUST Bank Arena on Sunday, January 24.
The following week, the Rapid City Rush come to town for a three-game set Friday-Sunday, January 29-31. The second block of games finishes up with a home-and-home against Allen on February 5 and 6.
Below is a full list of games in the second part of the schedule (Home games in bold):
Friday, January 15 at Allen
Saturday, December 16 at Allen
Sunday, January 17 at Allen
Thursday, January 21 vs. Kansas City
Sunday, January 24 vs. Indy
Friday, January 29 vs. Rapid City
Saturday, January 30 vs. Rapid City
Sunday, January 31 vs. Rapid City
Wednesday, February 3 at Allen
Friday, February 5 at Allen
Saturday, February 6 vs. Allen
In a letter to season-ticket holders Friday, the Thunder announced they will have roughly 1,400 fans in attendance for their home games, starting January 1.
The Thunder will not be back in action until December 26, when they travel to Kansas City.
Matthew Harding and Matthew Will cover the Wichita Thunder for The Sin Bin. Follow and interact with them @SinBinThunder.
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up
- Camp Invitee Avon Earns Flyers Contract
- Amerks Impress at Buffalo Prospects Challenge
- An Update on Several Allen Americans Storylines
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #10: ECHL Mishmash
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO