ALLEN, Texas – Day two of the Allen Americans training camp is in the books and from what I observed, head coach Steve Martinson is starting to put some lines and defense pairings together in preparation for the lone preseason game on Friday in Kansas City.
Here are the assigned numbers for the 26 players in training camp:
2 – Kayle Doetzel
3 – Stepan Falkovsky
4 – Turner Ottenbreit
5 – Jack Sadek
7 – Alex Breton
8 – Tyler Sheehy
9 – Alex Guptill
10 – Olivier Archambault
11 – Jordan Topping
15 – Eddie Matsushima
17 – Mike Hedden
18 – Jason Salvaggio
19 – Braylon Shmyr
20 – Ben Owen
21 – J.M. Piotrowski
23 – Josh Victor
25 – Gabe Gagne
26 – Spencer Asuchak
27 – R.T. Rice
28 – Regan Nagy
30 – Dereck Baribeau
35 – Jake Paterson
39 – Evan Weninger
41 – Ricky Regala
44 – Brett Pollock
92 – Shawn O’Donnell
– The Iowa Wild are assigning another player to Allen; however, nothing has been announced. Defensemen Matt Register, Josh Atkinson, and Les Lancaster are still in Iowa. Sunday, the Minnesota Wild sent a defenseman to Iowa (Louie Belpedio), so you can expect the player coming to Allen is a defenseman.
– Martinson will have to decide which players travel to Kansas City for the preseason game. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the tryout players make the trip and a couple of regulars stay home.
– If things go as they have in the past, there will not be any cuts made from the training camp roster until after the Red vs. White Scrimmage on Saturday (3:15-5:00) at the Community Rink.
– If you were hoping to listen to a broadcast of the preseason game in Kansas City on Friday, you are out of luck. There will be no broadcast of the game. I will try and get a list put together of anyone planning to live-tweet in real-time and include it tomorrow.
ECHL.TV vs. AHL Live
ECHL.TV prices for the upcoming season are out, and you can now sign up. Here are the prices:
$199.99 – All-access, regular season
$49.99 – All-access, regular season, monthly
$149.99 – Single team, all games
$99.99 – Single team, away games
$8.99 – Single game
Compare the ECHL prices to what the AHL charges.
For 2019-20, the AHL will charge just $99.99 to watch all teams, all games (including the playoffs). For only the regular season, the all-access cost is $79.99. For one team, all games, the price is $59.99, and just away games are $39.99. The all-access cost by the month is $19.99, and the per-game cost is $7.99.
It is early in the season for this, but it is appropriate for ECHL.TV, C’MON MAN!
Did You Know?
In ECHL history, only eight coaches have coached 700 or more regular-season games. Here is how the eight ranks by winning percentage. For the active coaches their current ECHL team is in parenthesis:
.608 – Matt Thomas (Cincinnati Cyclones)
.607 – Steve Martinson (Allen Americans)
.589 – John Brophy
.582 – Jason Christie (Jacksonville Icemen)
.580 – Malcolm Cameron
.573 – Nick Bootland (Kalamazoo Wings)
.562 – Jeff Pyle (Atlanta Gladiators)
.488 – John Marks
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO
- Storylines to Look Out For at Canucks Training Camp
- New Look Wolves Aim for Central Division Repeat
- Stingrays Building Roster for 2021-22 Season
- Flyers, Rangers Prospects Trade Wins
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Five – Consistency