ALLEN, Texas – The Allen Americans announced their 15th player signing this week and it was the return of Olivier Archambault to Allen for the 2020-21 season. Archambault was under contract with the Iowa Wild last season but spent the entire year with the Americans tallying 54 points (18G, 36A) in 47 games.
Here is the current roster with each player’s combined totals from last season including all teams and all leagues.
Olivier Archambault – 54 points (18G, 36A), 47 games (ECHL)
Spencer Asuchak – 32 points (7G, 25A), 47 games (ECHL)
Jared Bethune – 18 points (9G, 9A), 27 games (USports)
Corey Durocher – 25 points (9G, 16A), 50 games, (ECHL)
Zane Franklin – 91 points (29G, 62A), 63 games, (WHL)
Colton Heffley – 18 points (9G, 9A), 37 games (USports, ECHL)
Josh Lammon – 27 points (8G, 19A), 54 games, (ECHL)
Braylon Shmyr – 16 points (7G, 9A), 34 games, (ECHL, EIHL)
Jared VanWormer – 37 points, (22G, 15A), 60 games, ECHL, AHL)
Patrick Watling – 34 points, (10G, 24A), 30 games, (USports)
Ben Carroll – 24 points (4G, 20A), 30 games (USports, ECHL)
Cody Corbett – 12 points (4G, 8A), 48 games, 24 PIMS
Cole Fraser – 8 points (4G, 4A), 36 games, 84 PIMS
Nolan Kneen – 40 points (12G, 28A), 61games, 58 PIMS
Les Lancaster – 28 points (5G, 23A), 43 games, 10 PIMS
– Here is a breakdown of the announced signings by Allen:
8 – Forwards
10 – Defensemen
0 – Goalies
2 – Veterans
5 – Rookies (fewer than 25 pro games)
3 – New players
12 – Returning players (have played in Allen before)
740 – Total games played for Allen
298 – Total AHL games played
24.93 – Average age
6’1″ – Average height
193 – Average weight (lbs)
– The still unknown is what players will be assigned to Allen by the Wild. Martinson has consistently said it will be more than in the past.
– With the Archambault signing, the Americans have just one of their top eight scorers from last season returning for the 2020-21 season. A lot of offense to replace but Steve Martinson is confident he will have another great team.
Other News & Notes
– Chad Costello has signed with a team in Norway (Stavanger Oilers). The league is scheduled to start this weekend with a maximum capacity of just 200. Chad will be one of the best players in the league for sure. Two other former Allen leading scorers are also connected to this league. Dante Salituro recently signed to play in Narvik which is in the northeast part of Norway. Chad’s team is in the southwest, about 1200 miles apart. Alex Lavoie, who led Allen in scoring as a rookie in 2013-14 played in the Norway league last season but is unsigned for 2020-21.
– After playing in Denmark last season, Zach Pochiro has returned to the US and signed with the Fort Wayne Komets.
– Martinson shared with those that attended the season ticket holder event this week that there is a possibility that Dyson Stevenson could return to Allen for the 2020-21 season. Dyson spent last season with the AHL Utica Comets, so I assume he is waiting to see what is happening in AHL before deciding on where he will play next season.
Did You Know?
When he was just 16 years old, Olivier Archambault was the #1 overall pick in the 2009 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) draft. Two years later (2011), the #1 pick was Nathan MacKinnon who went on to be the #1 overall pick in the 2013 NHL draft. The QMJHL draft is a big deal as you can see from this grainy video when Archambault was chosen #1 overall.
For all things Allen Americans, follow Barry Janssen on Twitter @AllenAmericans1. For the latest stats and trends in the ECHL, follow @ECHLStats. And for the latest news on your favorite AHL & ECHL team, “Like” The Sin Bin on Facebook!
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory
- Kelly Cup Playoff Western Conference Final Preview: Toledo Walleye vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Kelly Cup Playoff Eastern Conference Final Preview: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Florida Everblades
- Ghost Pirates announce Vegas as Affiliate, Bennett as Head Coach
- Mike Eaves Stepping Aside but Leaving Legacy in Cleveland
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 31: Blue People Group