HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today they have signed Western Michigan University forward Ethen Frank to an AHL contract for the 2022-23 season in addition to an amateur tryout agreement for the remainder of this season.
Frank led the NCAA with 26 goals in 38 games played this season, helping the Broncos secure the top seed in the tournament. His 39 points (26 goals, 13 assists) is a career-best in his fifth year in the program and earned Second Team All-NCHC honors. He was tied for fourth in the NCAA in power play goals with ten, tallied six game-winners, and finished his career with 118 points (70 goals, 48 assists) in 158 total games played.
It would not be a surprise to see Frank make an immediate impact on the Bears in making the transition to the professional ranks. Hershey is still looking for top players after losing such talent as Joe Snively and Axel Jonsson-Fjallby to NHL recalls as well as top talents Brian Pinho, Matt Moulson, and Mike Sgarbossa to injuries. Frank’s signing also becomes one of the very first incoming new talents who will be playing for the team in the fall, and his scouting report feels reminiscent of players like Hunter Shepard, who signed an AHL contract with Hershey after his college season as a highly decorated NCAA player. Frank could make his AHL debut as early as Wednesday when the Bears take on the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at PPL Center, followed by a possible playoff preview on Friday night when the team plays the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins as an introduction to the Pennsylvania rivalries in the AHL. His debut at Giant Center will most likely be this Easter when the Bears host the Providence Bruins.
Frank will wear jersey number 12 for the Bears when he suits up, and it should be fun to watch him make an impact with the Bears this season.
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah