HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced on Monday that the club has signed forward Mason Morelli to an AHL contract for the 2020-21 season.
The 6’1, 200-pound skater played in 31 games with the Stockton Heat in 2019-20, tallying four goals and four assists for eight points, as well as five games with the ECHL’s Kansas City Mavericks where he scored three goals and four assists. Prior to turning pro, Morelli played for the University of Nebraska-Omaha from 2015-19, where he served as captain during his senior season and scored 34 points (19 goals, 15 assists) in only 36 total games. In his NCAA career, Morelli had 77 points (37 goals, 40 assists) in 120 total games.
Morelli joins a Bears club that continues to add depth for the upcoming season, and looks to be a quality depth signing at either the AHL or ECHL level. Morelli is playing in just his second full professional season since turning pro, having played nine games with the Heat in 2018-19 after completing his final season in the NCAA. Morelli will be competing for time in Hershey or possibly as a big addition to the South Carolina Stingrays.
Follow Corey on Twitter for all the latest news and notes regarding the AHL’s Hershey Bears! Don’t forget to also follow The Sin Bin on social media via Facebook and Twitter for additional AHL, ECHL, and SPHL minor league hockey coverage!
- Lifting the Mask With Pyotr Kochetkov
- PHOTOS: Rockford IceHogs vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Worcester Railers vs. Reading Royals – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/28/2023
- Monday Monster Mash: Rollercoaster
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/27/2023
- PHOTOS: Rockford Icehogs vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 01/27/2023
- Furry Fury: Bears Blanked on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- Griffins’ Second Period Surge Buries Wolves
- Wolves Battle for an O.T. Win Over IceHogs