MACON, Ga. – Earlier this week, we here at The Sin Bin as well as the Birmingham Bulls hockey community suffered the loss to Ronald Hagood Jr., who covered the Birmingham Bulls for The Sin Bin, died as a result of a COVID-19 related illness.
Now, the fans from the very community that he poured countless amounts of time and energy into has a chance to support him.
Thursday, the Bulls announced an online fundraiser to assist Hagood’s family with the unexpected funeral expenses.
Fans can purchase a variety of items signed by the Bulls players and coaches, and 1oo percent of the proceeds of all items sold will go toward funeral expenses. Items include autographed photos, pucks, and hockey sticks, including one stick signed by the entire Bulls team. Items are available for purchase at www.bullshockey.net/ron. Those who’d rather simply make a donation instead of purchasing an item can also do so at a link on the website.
“We are very grateful to the Birmingham Bulls for their willingness to help out the Hagood family during this trying time,” said Matthew Harding, Editor-in-Chief for The Sin Bin. “We thank everyone for the incredible outpouring of love and support for our friend and colleague the last few days and ask that you continue to keep Ronald’s mother and family in your thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.”
Also, Ronald’s family announced funeral arrangements on Thursday.
The visitation and chapel service will be held at Brooks Family Funeral Home in Hueytown, Alabama. Graveside services will be at Starview Baptist Church in Parrish, Alabama. Both will be on Saturday, January 30, 2021.
Visitation will begin at 10 am and end at 11:45. The chapel service will begin at noon and end at 1 pm. Graveside service will be at 2:30.
All who would like to attend are welcome. Please prepare for a 45-minute drive from the funeral home to the graveside if you plan to follow the procession. Also, please note that masks are mandatory, and there will be an occupancy limit of 100.
Brad Harrison is the SPHL editor and covers the Macon Mayhem for The Sin Bin. Follow and interact with him on Twitter @SinBinMayhem!
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield