KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Knoxville Ice Bears slammed the Birmingham Bulls Friday on Pro Wrestling Night.
The first period was a back and forth with only one goal from Knoxville’s Kyler Matthews. The Ice Bears ended the first with a 1-0 lead.
Stepan Timofeyev extended his goal streak to seven games with a power-play goal early in the second period to put Knoxville up 2-0. The Bulls answered back in less than a minute with a goal from Jordan Martin. Razmuz Waxin-Engback added one more for the Ice Bears. With less than a minute left in the second period, Colton Fletcher put one past Kristian Stead to make the score 3-2 in favor of the Ice Bears going into the third period.
Timofeyev extended Knoxville’s lead to 4-2 at the 11:13 mark of the third period. Scott Donahue brought the Bulls within one, but they were not able to complete the comeback. Knoxville took the 4-3 win and moved into a tie for first place in the standings.
Check out this gallery from Field Pass Hockey photographer Michael King!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Iowa Heartlanders vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Maine Mariners vs. Worcester Railers 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 03/18/2023
- Penguins Power Past Phantoms With Playoffs at Stake
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/17/2023
- Koppanen Powers Bruins Past Thunderbirds