“We are proud to announce that the American Hockey League version of The Fortress is coming to Henderson. We will work with city officials on developing a second hockey facility in Henderson, which will be a new state-of-the-art, 6,000-seat arena for our AHL team.
While our AHL club will practice and be headquartered at our Lifeguard Arena complex on Water Street, this new venue will be where the team plays their home games and will be where we create the same energy, excitement and programming that fans have come to expect during Golden Knights games on the Strip.
The Golden Knights and the City of Henderson have demonstrated a commitment to bringing major professional sports to this great community and growing the game of hockey in our region. The City has been an outstanding partner on both of these ambitious projects and we look forward to our shared vision becoming a reality.”
On February 6, the Golden Knights purchased an AHL franchise membership from Spurs Sports & Entertainment (which currently operates the San Antonio Rampage in San Antonio, TX) and applied for relocation of the franchise to Henderson/Las Vegas, Nevada. The purchase and relocation is subject to approval from the AHL Board of Governors.
On February 12, the Golden Knights announced that their AHL affiliate will play their home games during the 2020-21 AHL season at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington