LAS VEGAS – The NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights announced in late January that they were in the market to purchase and relocate an AHL franchise. After the organization bought the San Antonio Rampage just a couple weeks later, speculation began as to what the team’s rechristened brand and identity could possibly be.
Vegas removed all doubt on Thursday evening, revealing the Henderson Silver Knights name and logo.
On February 13, the Golden Knights announced that their AHL franchise would play at the Orleans Arena for two seasons while a new Henderson arena would be built and ready to go by 2022-23. The American Hockey League officially approved the transfer of ownership to the Golden Knights on February 28.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season
- Chicago’s Coach Sheahan Embracing Expectations With New Role
- NHL Prospect Tournament Day One: ECHL Officiating Roundup
- Signings continue as Bulls roster comes together
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #32: Macon Mayhem Head Coach Nick Niedert
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)