KALAMAZOO, MI – The Kalamazoo Wings announced Monday that John Peterson has been named the team’s new Director of Public Relations/Broadcaster.
Peterson spent the last three seasons with the Tulsa Oilers after starting his ECHL career in 2015-16 with the Evansville IceMen. The 2019-20 season will be the Stillwater, Minn. native’s 11th in hockey and fifth in the ECHL.
“I am thrilled to continue my career in Kalamazoo with a first-class organization like the K-Wings,” said Peterson. “This is a great opportunity to grow professionally with a team that I’ve admired from afar during my first four years in the ECHL, and I can’t wait to get started.”
Peterson was named the ECHL’s 2018-19 PR/Broadcaster of the Year in June at the ECHL Summer Meetings in Las Vegas. The Arizona State University alum starts with the K-Wings immediately and will provide the play-the-play for all of Kalamazoo’s home and away games.
“We’re excited to welcome John to Kalamazoo,” said K-Wings Director of Business Operations/Governor Toni Daniels. “He brings an impressive track record and a wealth of experience to the position, and I know he’ll fit it well with our team.”
Having recently married this offseason, Peterson and his spouse are ready for the fresh start and embrace the new challenge ahead in central Michigan.
“My wife and I are looking forward to moving to the area and calling Kalamazoo home,” said Peterson. “The K-Wings have always done a tremendous job in the community, and it is important to me to continue that tradition this season.”
Tune in to The Sin Bin for all your offseason news and announcements!
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up
- Camp Invitee Avon Earns Flyers Contract
- Amerks Impress at Buffalo Prospects Challenge
- An Update on Several Allen Americans Storylines
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #10: ECHL Mishmash
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO