BIRMINGHAM, ALA – Just a few hours before the Birmingham Bulls and Pensacola Ice Flyers were scheduled to play the back end of a home and home set of games on Friday, the contest was postponed.
According to social media postings by both the Bulls and Ice Flyers, the game was postponed due to SPHL safety protocols. The SPHL is currently working on a reschedule date for the contest which will be announced at a later time.
The Bulls defeated the Ice Flyers in Pelham, Ala. on Thursday night by a score of 5-2.
Birmingham is scheduled to host the Knoxville Ice Bears on Saturday. At this time, that game is still scheduled to be played.
Friday night’s game becomes the third game of the season postponed due to SPHL safety protocols. The Macon Mayhem and Knoxville Ice Bears will play tonight. That game will serve as the Ice Bears home opener as the previously scheduled contest between the teams has been slated for later this season.
The Huntsville Havoc and Mayhem were scheduled to play on January 9th, but that game has already been postponed and is awaiting a rescheduled date from the SPHL.
Ronald Hagood, Jr. covers the Birmingham Bulls for The Sin Bin. Follow and interact with him on Twitter @SinBinBulls.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season