BIRMINGHAM, ALA – Just a few hours before the Birmingham Bulls and Pensacola Ice Flyers were scheduled to play the back end of a home and home set of games on Friday, the contest was postponed.
According to social media postings by both the Bulls and Ice Flyers, the game was postponed due to SPHL safety protocols. The SPHL is currently working on a reschedule date for the contest which will be announced at a later time.
The Bulls defeated the Ice Flyers in Pelham, Ala. on Thursday night by a score of 5-2.
Birmingham is scheduled to host the Knoxville Ice Bears on Saturday. At this time, that game is still scheduled to be played.
Friday night’s game becomes the third game of the season postponed due to SPHL safety protocols. The Macon Mayhem and Knoxville Ice Bears will play tonight. That game will serve as the Ice Bears home opener as the previously scheduled contest between the teams has been slated for later this season.
The Huntsville Havoc and Mayhem were scheduled to play on January 9th, but that game has already been postponed and is awaiting a rescheduled date from the SPHL.
Ronald Hagood, Jr. covers the Birmingham Bulls for The Sin Bin. Follow and interact with him on Twitter @SinBinBulls.
- Canucks Training Camp Round-Up
- PHOTOS: 2021 Vancouver Canucks Training Camp Day Three – 09/25/21
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Defense and Goaltenders
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up
- Camp Invitee Avon Earns Flyers Contract
- Amerks Impress at Buffalo Prospects Challenge
- An Update on Several Allen Americans Storylines
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #10: ECHL Mishmash
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces