MACON, Ga. – Birmingham goalie Austin Lotz has been suspended by the SPHL during a pending review of a slashing and game misconduct penalty during Friday’s game against Pensacola.
Lotz will miss Saturday’s game against Huntsville.
The Bulls lost Friday’s contest 4-1, falling behind 4-0 in the second period. Lotz had exited the game well before then. At 8:19 into the game, he came out of the crease to make contact with the Ice Flyers Alec Hagaman.
It was part of a tenacious first period on both sides that added up to a combined 41 penalty minutes.
With Lotz sidelined for Saturday night, Hayden Stewart is likely to replace him. He came in to replace Lotz on Friday, stopping 19 of 22 shots.
Brad Harrison covers is the SPHL editor for The Sin Bin. Interact with him at @SinBinMayhem
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up
- Camp Invitee Avon Earns Flyers Contract
- Amerks Impress at Buffalo Prospects Challenge
- An Update on Several Allen Americans Storylines
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #10: ECHL Mishmash
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO