MACON, Ga. – Birmingham goalie Austin Lotz has been suspended by the SPHL during a pending review of a slashing and game misconduct penalty during Friday’s game against Pensacola.
Lotz will miss Saturday’s game against Huntsville.
The Bulls lost Friday’s contest 4-1, falling behind 4-0 in the second period. Lotz had exited the game well before then. At 8:19 into the game, he came out of the crease to make contact with the Ice Flyers Alec Hagaman.
It was part of a tenacious first period on both sides that added up to a combined 41 penalty minutes.
With Lotz sidelined for Saturday night, Hayden Stewart is likely to replace him. He came in to replace Lotz on Friday, stopping 19 of 22 shots.
Brad Harrison covers is the SPHL editor for The Sin Bin. Interact with him at @SinBinMayhem
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed
- Flyers, Phantoms Aim to Rebuild
- Fuel make First Signings of 2022-23