MACON, Ga. – Birmingham goalie Austin Lotz has been suspended by the SPHL during a pending review of a slashing and game misconduct penalty during Friday’s game against Pensacola.
Lotz will miss Saturday’s game against Huntsville.
The Bulls lost Friday’s contest 4-1, falling behind 4-0 in the second period. Lotz had exited the game well before then. At 8:19 into the game, he came out of the crease to make contact with the Ice Flyers Alec Hagaman.
It was part of a tenacious first period on both sides that added up to a combined 41 penalty minutes.
With Lotz sidelined for Saturday night, Hayden Stewart is likely to replace him. He came in to replace Lotz on Friday, stopping 19 of 22 shots.
Brad Harrison covers is the SPHL editor for The Sin Bin. Interact with him at @SinBinMayhem
- Fucale, Bears Bounce Back
- PHOTOS: Quad City Storm vs. Evansville Thunderbolts – 12/02/2022
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits – 12/01/2022
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #4: Weiny’s Way
- PHOTOS: Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. South Carolina Stingrays – 12/3/2022
- Monday Monster Mash: 12/5/2022
- Springfield Thunderbirds Snap Skid, Beat Bridgeport Islanders
- Explosive Second Period Lifts Penguins Past Hershey Bears
- PHOTOS: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 12/03/2022
- PHOTOS: Toledo Walleye vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 12/02/2022