BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – For the second time in as many nights, the Birmingham Bulls are having to postpone a game due to the SPHL’s safety protocols. As a result, the Bulls go from being scheduled to play three games in three days to just one, finishing the weekend 1-0.
The Bulls announced on Saturday afternoon that the game scheduled to be played that evening at home against Knoxville was postponed due to the SPHL’s safety protocols.
On Friday afternoon, the Bulls were headed to Pensacola for the back-end of a home and home series with the Ice Flyers before receiving word that the game had been postponed and to turn around and return to Pelham.
The postponement of the games on Friday and Saturday evening gives Birmingham a stretch of nine days before they’ll take the ice in competition again. As of now, the Bulls are scheduled to take the ice on Saturday, January 16th at the Macon. Birmingham will return back to the Pelham Civic Complex for their annual, Martin Luther King Jr., Day matinee game on January 18 against Huntsville.
- Lifting the Mask With Pyotr Kochetkov
- PHOTOS: Rockford IceHogs vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Worcester Railers vs. Reading Royals – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/28/2023
- Monday Monster Mash: Rollercoaster
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/27/2023
- PHOTOS: Rockford Icehogs vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 01/27/2023
- Furry Fury: Bears Blanked on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- Griffins’ Second Period Surge Buries Wolves
- Wolves Battle for an O.T. Win Over IceHogs