WINDSOR, Colo. – The Colorado Eagles have announced that the team has signed forward Erik Condra to an AHL contract for the 2019-20 season. Condra comes to Colorado with 372 games of NHL experience, having posted 40 goals and 59 assists with the Ottawa Senators, Tampa Bay Lightning and Dallas Stars, including six games with the Stars last season. The 32 year-old veteran has also seen action in 309 AHL contests with Texas, Syracuse and Binghamton. During that time, Condra generated 72 goals and 140 assists, and helped lead Binghamton to a Calder Cup Championship in 2011.
The Sin Bin’s Cameron Turner, who covered AHL Texas last year, commented on Condra’s playing ability, and how just watching the right winger was a pleasure in and of itself.
“I really enjoyed watching [Condra] while he was with Texas. He is a really solid player at the AHL level, and basically forced Dallas to call him up last season. He has a nice shot, but more than that, he just knows where to go and has a great hockey IQ.”
A seventh-round pick of the Ottawa Senators in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Condra spent four seasons at the University of Notre Dame where he notched 158 points in 159 games. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound winger served as team captain for the Irish in his senior season and helped lead Notre Dame to a CCHA title in both 2007 and 2009. He would earn CCHA All-Rookie Team Honors in 2006 and was named a second-team All-American in 2009.
In addition to his time as team captain at the NCAA level, Condra also served as captain for the Syracuse Crunch in both 2016-17 and 2017-18. He was an alternate captain with the Texas Stars during the 2018-19 campaign, posting 20 goals and 34 assists in 71 contests.
- Penguins Pushing For Playoff Spoiler
- Cramarossa Leads Iowa Past IceHogs In OT
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 15: Hat Tricks
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs Reading Royals – 1/22/2022
- Bears Surge Past Penguins
- Inside the SPHL Podcast Episode #15: Kasey Kulczycki & All-Star Vote Reveal
- Marlies Score Late, Take OT Win From Griffins
- White Keeps Heartlanders Rolling
- Late Goal Lifts Pack Past Bears
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 01/22/22