ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Anaheim Ducks announced today the club named Martin Madden Assistant General Manager.
Madden has spent the last 12 seasons with the Ducks, most recently serving as the club’s Director of Amateur Scouting. In his new role, Madden will oversee all of the club’s scouting efforts (professional and amateur) and assume an expanded role in a majority of hockey operations directives and initiatives. He will continue to play a key role in producing the final prospect list leading up to the 2020 NHL Draft.
A native of Quebec City, Madden spent four years as an amateur scout for Carolina, winning the Stanley Cup with the Hurricanes in 2006. Prior to his time in Raleigh, he served as a scout for the New York Rangers for seven seasons. Madden received his first scouting position with the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League while completing his MBA in Finance at HEC Montreal.
Editor’s Note: The role of assistant general manager in an organization can often mean a more direct role with entry-level talent relegated to a team’s AHL and ECHL affiliate. Since the Ducks currently have just an AHL affiliate with the San Diego Gulls, expect Madden to be very closely involved on the American Hockey League level.
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Three – Let’s Go Stargazing
- Bears, Sgarbossa Skating to Success
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Two – Pride and Maple Leafs
- Thunder’s All-ECHL Netminder Returns for Second Season in Air Capital
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Forwards
- Pre-Preseason Manitoba Moose Lineup Speculation
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day One- Puck Drop
- A ‘Roc’king Offseason – Amerks’ Additions
- Tim Branham Departs Utah for AHL’s Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Speaks Episode #55: Preseason News!