PRINCETON, N.J. – Coronavirus continues to play havoc on the ECHL schedule. Through Wednesday, 33 players have been placed on the league’s Commissioner’s Exempt list, though the number may be higher because some teams do not place players on the list for differing reasons. In the span of four hours Wednesday, the league announced that eight games would be postponed this weekend.
They are as follows:
Tonight – Greenville @ Orlando
Thursday – Kansas City @ Wichita
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – South Carolina @ Wheeling
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – Florida @ Jacksonville
Games two and three of the Greenville/Orlando series is still scheduled to be played Friday and Saturday night. The Kansas City/Wichita matchup has been rescheduled for Sunday, March 7 at 4:05 pm CT. Other games have yet to be rescheduled.
There are 10 games still to be played this weekend:
Tonight: Indy @ Tulsa
Thursday: No games scheduled
Friday: Greenville @ Orlando, Indy @ Tulsa, Utah @ Rapid City
Saturday: Greenville @ Orlando, Allen @ Kansas City, Indy @ Tulsa, Utah @ Rapid City
Sunday: Allen @ Tulsa, Indy @ Wichita
As always in the age of COVID, stay tuned for future developments.
Matthew Harding is the Editor-in-Chief for TheSinBin.net, covers the ECHL and the Wichita Thunder. Follow and interact with him on Twitter @SinBinThunder.
- Nailers Make Trio of Roster Moves
- Looking at the Texas Stars’ Top Six
- Cleveland Monsters: North Division Opponents Preview
- Stars Traverse City Prospects Tournament Recap
- Snively, Pilon Score in Preseason Opener
- Syracuse Speaks #55: Counting Down to the Regular Season
- Canucks Training Camp Round-Up
- PHOTOS: 2021 Vancouver Canucks Training Camp Day Three – 09/25/21
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Defense and Goaltenders
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up