PRINCETON, N.J. – Coronavirus continues to play havoc on the ECHL schedule. Through Wednesday, 33 players have been placed on the league’s Commissioner’s Exempt list, though the number may be higher because some teams do not place players on the list for differing reasons. In the span of four hours Wednesday, the league announced that eight games would be postponed this weekend.
They are as follows:
Tonight – Greenville @ Orlando
Thursday – Kansas City @ Wichita
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – South Carolina @ Wheeling
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – Florida @ Jacksonville
Games two and three of the Greenville/Orlando series is still scheduled to be played Friday and Saturday night. The Kansas City/Wichita matchup has been rescheduled for Sunday, March 7 at 4:05 pm CT. Other games have yet to be rescheduled.
There are 10 games still to be played this weekend:
Tonight: Indy @ Tulsa
Thursday: No games scheduled
Friday: Greenville @ Orlando, Indy @ Tulsa, Utah @ Rapid City
Saturday: Greenville @ Orlando, Allen @ Kansas City, Indy @ Tulsa, Utah @ Rapid City
Sunday: Allen @ Tulsa, Indy @ Wichita
As always in the age of COVID, stay tuned for future developments.
Matthew Harding is the Editor-in-Chief for TheSinBin.net, covers the ECHL and the Wichita Thunder. Follow and interact with him on Twitter @SinBinThunder.
- Bears Fill Out Coaching Staff, Name Todd Nelson Head Coach
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed
- Flyers, Phantoms Aim to Rebuild