WICHITA, Kan. – The ECHL Power Rankings are back for another year and to kick things off, there’s a team at the top of our rankings for the first time ever.
The Idaho Steelheads, led by netminder Tomas Sholl, have gotten off to a 7-1-2-0 start this season. Entering Wednesday, the netminder, on a two-way AHL-ECHL deal with Dallas, has a 1.67 goals against average, is tied for the league lead in wins (5), minutes played (431) and is fourth in save percentage (.939).
In the runner-up slot is the South Carolina Stingrays, who have a 6-1-0-0 record through seven games, on a team that is loaded with AHL talent. The Rays have tremendous offensive depth, with nine players registering five or more points. It goes without saying, but the Rays also have been backstopped by Parker Milner, who is 4-0-0-0 with a 1.72 goals against average to start the season.
Find out where we have your favorite team ranked, here:
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part Two)
- Greenville Re-Signs High-Scoring Forward
- PHOTOS: Jason Johansen’s Best Photos of 2022-2023 Season
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage