WICHITA, Kan. – The ECHL Power Rankings are back for another year and to kick things off, there’s a team at the top of our rankings for the first time ever.
The Idaho Steelheads, led by netminder Tomas Sholl, have gotten off to a 7-1-2-0 start this season. Entering Wednesday, the netminder, on a two-way AHL-ECHL deal with Dallas, has a 1.67 goals against average, is tied for the league lead in wins (5), minutes played (431) and is fourth in save percentage (.939).
In the runner-up slot is the South Carolina Stingrays, who have a 6-1-0-0 record through seven games, on a team that is loaded with AHL talent. The Rays have tremendous offensive depth, with nine players registering five or more points. It goes without saying, but the Rays also have been backstopped by Parker Milner, who is 4-0-0-0 with a 1.72 goals against average to start the season.
Find out where we have your favorite team ranked, here:
- Bears Fill Out Coaching Staff, Name Todd Nelson Head Coach
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed
- Flyers, Phantoms Aim to Rebuild