WICHITA, Kan. – The ECHL Power Rankings are back for another year and to kick things off, there’s a team at the top of our rankings for the first time ever.
The Idaho Steelheads, led by netminder Tomas Sholl, have gotten off to a 7-1-2-0 start this season. Entering Wednesday, the netminder, on a two-way AHL-ECHL deal with Dallas, has a 1.67 goals against average, is tied for the league lead in wins (5), minutes played (431) and is fourth in save percentage (.939).
In the runner-up slot is the South Carolina Stingrays, who have a 6-1-0-0 record through seven games, on a team that is loaded with AHL talent. The Rays have tremendous offensive depth, with nine players registering five or more points. It goes without saying, but the Rays also have been backstopped by Parker Milner, who is 4-0-0-0 with a 1.72 goals against average to start the season.
Find out where we have your favorite team ranked, here:
- Cleveland Monsters: North Division Opponents Preview
- Stars Traverse City Prospects Tournament Recap
- Snively, Pilon Score in Preseason Opener
- Syracuse Speaks #55: Counting Down to the Regular Season
- Canucks Training Camp Round-Up
- PHOTOS: 2021 Vancouver Canucks Training Camp Day Three – 09/25/21
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Defense and Goaltenders
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up
- Camp Invitee Avon Earns Flyers Contract
- Amerks Impress at Buffalo Prospects Challenge