WICHITA, Kan. – It’s been a couple weeks, but there’s a few familiar teams at the top of the pre-Thanksgiving ECHL Power Rankings.
The Allen Americans have climbed back to the top of the mountain in the ECHL standings for the first time since the 2017-18 season, on the back of a 13-3-2 start to the season.
However, even though Allen presides over the top of the league standings, there is another team that sits atop our Power Rankings this week…
With only two regulation losses in fifteen games played, the South Carolina Stingrays occupy first place from Team Sin Bin’s composite rankings. They have garnered just one loss in the month October (Oct. 25 at Norfolk, 5-2) and one in November (Nov. 19 vs. Greenville, 5-2).
Point leaders for the Stingrays include forward Dan DeSalvo (3G+14A = 17 PTS in 15 GP), captain Andrew Cherniwchan (7G+9A = 16 PTS in 15 GP), and right winger Mark Cooper (8G+7A = 15 PTS in 15 GP). In addition to the point-per-game scoring support, South Carolina also boasts an undefeated starting goaltender in Parker Milner (7-0-0, 1.27 GAA, .948 SV%), who earned his league-leading third shutout in a 3-0 victory against Florida on Saturday, November 23. Milner is also the only qualifying goaltender to remain undefeated in both regulation and overtime.
Find out how we ranked the rest of the league, below!
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener