DES MOINES, Iowa – Connor Ingram made it a tough holiday afternoon for the Iowa Wild on Monday, stopping 35 shots for his second shutout of the season, leading the Milwaukee Admirals to a 3-0 victory. Rocco Grimaldi had a goal and an assist to lead Milwaukee, as three different players lit the lamp for the Admirals. Zane McIntyre stopped 23 shots in the loss.
The Admirals gave their goaltender an early lead, as Zach Solow scored 2:45 into the contest. Joseph LaBate passed the puck to Solow in the neutral zone, who then sped into the Iowa end, moving toward the right face-off circle. When he reached just above the dot, Solow fired a wrist shot that beat McIntyre over the glove for his second goal of the season.
That proved to be all the scoring that Ingram needed, as he stopped nine shots in the first and 11 and the second. The goaltender was on top of his game, continually thwarting opportunities while keeping his team on top.
In the third period, the Iowa Wild ramped up their pressure, outshooting Milwaukee 15-8. However, it would be the Admirals who would come away from the frame with two more tallies.
The first came at 4:22. Dylan Blujus fired a shot from the point that Grimaldi deflected past McIntyre for his 13th goal of the year.
That two-goal lead continued until the final 44 seconds of the contest when former Iowa forward Mitch McLain put in an empty-net tally for his 10th of the year.
Iowa outshot Milwaukee in the contest, 35-26, but they might as well have taken 90 shots in this contest. Ingram proved to be too much on the evening, moving to 11-10-3 while lowering his goals-against average to 2.89. McIntyre dropped to 1-3-0 in his four appearances since being acquired by the Wild.
The Iowa Wild (14-14-4) look to get back into the win column when they welcome the Manitoba Moose (20-9-3) on Wednesday evening. Manitoba is currently second in the Central Division. The puck drops at 7:00.
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory
- Kelly Cup Playoff Western Conference Final Preview: Toledo Walleye vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Kelly Cup Playoff Eastern Conference Final Preview: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Florida Everblades
- Ghost Pirates announce Vegas as Affiliate, Bennett as Head Coach