TORONTO – The Toronto Maple Leafs have fired Head Coach Mike Babcock. Babcock stepped in as Leafs head coach in 2015 with an impressive resume of two Olympic gold medals, a Stanley cup, a Stanley cup final appearance and multiple deep playoff trips. Babcock posted a 173-133-45 record with the Leafs and hasn’t made it passed the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Sheldon Keefe will take over as head coach. Keefe also began his coaching stint at the same time Babcock was hired. Since then, has a record of 199-89-31 while with the Marlies, including a Calder Cup Championship in 2018. The Maple Leafs next game comes on Thursday against Arizona.
Rob Davison and A.J. MacLean are expected to coach the Marlies tonight as they take on the Laval Rocket.
What’s Cool on Twitter:
Sheldon Keefe in 2010. pic.twitter.com/M2rHSQHrjP
— Nick DeSouza (@NickDeSouza_) November 17, 2019
- ECHL Officials Get Chance at Traverse City Prospects Tournament
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Four- Blues Bully Red Wings
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Three – Let’s Go Stargazing
- Bears, Sgarbossa Skating to Success
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Two – Pride and Maple Leafs
- Thunder’s All-ECHL Netminder Returns for Second Season in Air Capital
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Forwards
- Pre-Preseason Manitoba Moose Lineup Speculation
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day One- Puck Drop
- A ‘Roc’king Offseason – Amerks’ Additions