MACON, Ga. – Let the playoff hockey begin.
Following the completion of the regular season on Sunday with Pensacola beating Huntsville 4-2, the matchups for the first round of the President’s Cup Playoffs are now set.
The top seed and William B. Coffey Cup Champion Macon Mayhem will host fourth-seeded Huntsville with Pensacola, by way of finishing third as a result of Sunday’s win, takes on second-seeded Knoxville. Both series are best-of-three with the winner of each semifinal series taking on one another in the best-of-three President’s Cup Finals.
Knoxville was 5-3-0 against Pensacola during the regular season with the Mayhem going 9-1-1 against the Havoc.
Macon vs. Huntsville
Game 1: at Huntsville, 7 p.m., Thursday
Game 2: at Macon, 6:30 p.m., Saturday
Game 3: at Macon, 4:00 p.m., Sunday (if necessary)
Pensacola vs. Knoxville
Game 1: at Knoxville, 7:35 p.m., Wednesday
Game 2: at Pensacola, 7:35 p.m., Friday
Game 3: at Knoxville, 5:00 p.m., Sunday (if necessary)
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO
- Storylines to Look Out For at Canucks Training Camp
- New Look Wolves Aim for Central Division Repeat
- Stingrays Building Roster for 2021-22 Season
- Flyers, Rangers Prospects Trade Wins
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Five – Consistency