MACON, Ga. – Let the playoff hockey begin.
Following the completion of the regular season on Sunday with Pensacola beating Huntsville 4-2, the matchups for the first round of the President’s Cup Playoffs are now set.
The top seed and William B. Coffey Cup Champion Macon Mayhem will host fourth-seeded Huntsville with Pensacola, by way of finishing third as a result of Sunday’s win, takes on second-seeded Knoxville. Both series are best-of-three with the winner of each semifinal series taking on one another in the best-of-three President’s Cup Finals.
Knoxville was 5-3-0 against Pensacola during the regular season with the Mayhem going 9-1-1 against the Havoc.
Macon vs. Huntsville
Game 1: at Huntsville, 7 p.m., Thursday
Game 2: at Macon, 6:30 p.m., Saturday
Game 3: at Macon, 4:00 p.m., Sunday (if necessary)
Pensacola vs. Knoxville
Game 1: at Knoxville, 7:35 p.m., Wednesday
Game 2: at Pensacola, 7:35 p.m., Friday
Game 3: at Knoxville, 5:00 p.m., Sunday (if necessary)
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 36: 2022-23 AHL Season Kickoff
- Several Thunder Players Attending AHL Camps
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #35: Jason Ruff
- Michael Mersch a Significant Add to the Rochester Americans
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)