INDEPENDENCE, Mo. – The Kansas City Mavericks announced the schedule for their first 10 games of the 2020-21 ECHL season. The Indy Fuel will host the Kansas City Mavericks on December 11 on the ECHL’s opening night. The Mavericks will return the favor and host the Fuel on December 18 at Cable Dahmer Arena for Kansas City’s home opener.
Under the split-season format, the Mavericks are in the first group of 13 teams starting in December. This group expects to play a full 72-game regular season. Eleven teams delay their start until January and play a lighter 62-game schedule to be announced at a later date. The Norfolk Admirals and Atlanta Gladiators both announced they are bowing out of the 2020-21 campaign due to COVID-19 restrictions under the ECHL’s COVID-19 Voluntary Suspension Policy. All players on both teams are free agents. Both teams plan to return to play for the 2021-22 season.
The league expects to finish the regular season on June 6, 2021, with the postseason schedule to be announced. League standings will be based on regular season winning percentage. The postseason format is to be announced and will be based on eligible competing teams.
The Mavericks first 10 game schedule looks like this (home games in bold):
Friday, December 11 at Indy
Friday, December 18 vs. Indy
Saturday, December 19 at Wichita Thunder
Saturday, December 26 at Wichita Thunder
Sunday, December 27 at Wichita Thunder
Thursday, December 31 vs. Tulsa Oilers
Saturday, January 2 vs. Tulsa Oilers
Friday, January 8 vs. Allen Americans
Saturday, January 9 vs. Allen Americans
Follow Chrystal on Twitter for all the latest KC Mavericks news and notes! Don’t forget to follow The Sin Bin on social media via Facebook and Twitter for all the latest AHL, ECHL, and SPHL minor league hockey news and analysis!
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee