MACON, Ga. – The Macon Mayhem will begin the quest to return to the SPHL President’s Cup Playoffs in October. The schedule path which they’ll have to navigate is now known, and it’s one that’ll place a premium on being in a good position prior to a daunting road trip in the second half of the season.
The Mayhem begin the season with three of their first four games at home, taking on Huntsville Oct. 21 on opening night before going to Pensacola Oct. 22 and Roanoke being in town Oct. 28-29
It’ll be a far cry from what awaits in the month of January for Macon.
From Jan. 6 to Feb. 19, Macon will embark on a grueling 19-game road trip against six different opponents. It’ll also include the Mayhem’s only two ventures to the northern portion of the league, taking on Evansville and Peoria Jan. 27-28 and Feb. 17-19. Those will be the only games for Macon this season against the SPHL’s ‘northern arc.’ The Mayhem for the second year in a row will not play Quad City and will also have no games against Vermilion County, who Macon played a total of two times last year.
That road swing will be followed, however, by a six-game span at home, part of eight of ten games at home, against Knoxville, Pensacola, Birmingham, Fayetteville, Huntsville, and Roanoke. It’ll be one of two six-game homestands for the Mayhem with the other leading into Christmas. From Dec. 9 to Dec, 23, Macon will welcome Fayetteville, Pensacola, Roanoke, Birmingham, and Knoxville to the Macon Coliseum.
As expected, Macon’s most common opponents will be tied to geographic locations. The Mayhem will play Pensacola and Fayetteville ten times, taking on the Ice Flyers four times at home and the Marksmen five times on home ice.
Roanoke will play five of its nine games against Macon at the Macon Coliseum with Knoxville and Macon playing eight times, four on each opponent’s home ice. The Mayhem and Birmingham will clash eight times, five of those games being in Macon, while the Mayhem play Huntsville five times, three matchups being in Macon.
- PHOTOS: Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. South Carolina Stingrays – 12/3/2022
- Monday Monster Mash: 12/5/2022
- Springfield Thunderbirds Snap Skid, Beat Bridgeport Islanders
- Explosive Second Period Lifts Penguins Past Hershey Bears
- PHOTOS: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 12/03/2022
- PHOTOS: Toledo Walleye vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 12/02/2022
- Hockey’s Future Stars on Display in Cleveland Against Rochester
- PHOTOS: Vermilion County Bobcats vs. Peoria Rivermen – 12/02/2022
- No Miracle for Thunder in Loss to Mariners
- Checkers Win in a Goal Fest to Split Series