MACON, Ga. – The wait for hockey to resume in Macon will be even longer.
For the second weekend in a row, the Macon Mayhem will have scheduled contests postponed due to the SPHL’s safety protocols. The team announced on Thursday that Friday’s game at Pensacola, Saturday’s contest against Birmingham, and Sunday’s home matchup against the Ice Flyers have all been postponed.
In addition, Pensacola is now scheduled to play Birmingham on Friday. The rescheduled dates for the postponed games will be announced at a later time.
This now marks four of Macon’s five games over the past two weeks to have been postponed and six across the SPHL with Birmingham’s contests against Pensacola and Knoxville last weekend also being postponed. Of the Mayhem’s four postponed games, four have been at home.
As of now, Macon’s next scheduled game is Friday at Birmingham with the next slated home contest being Feb. 5 against Knoxville.
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO
- Storylines to Look Out For at Canucks Training Camp
- New Look Wolves Aim for Central Division Repeat
- Stingrays Building Roster for 2021-22 Season
- Flyers, Rangers Prospects Trade Wins
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Five – Consistency