MACON, Ga. – The wait for hockey to resume in Macon will be even longer.
For the second weekend in a row, the Macon Mayhem will have scheduled contests postponed due to the SPHL’s safety protocols. The team announced on Thursday that Friday’s game at Pensacola, Saturday’s contest against Birmingham, and Sunday’s home matchup against the Ice Flyers have all been postponed.
In addition, Pensacola is now scheduled to play Birmingham on Friday. The rescheduled dates for the postponed games will be announced at a later time.
This now marks four of Macon’s five games over the past two weeks to have been postponed and six across the SPHL with Birmingham’s contests against Pensacola and Knoxville last weekend also being postponed. Of the Mayhem’s four postponed games, four have been at home.
As of now, Macon’s next scheduled game is Friday at Birmingham with the next slated home contest being Feb. 5 against Knoxville.
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee