ST. JOHN’S, NL – The Newfoundland Growlers announced their 2019-20 season-ending roster Tuesday afternoon. Among the list, Growlers goaltender Parker Gahagen and Newfoundland native James Melindy.
Evan Neugold, Mark Tremaine, Dylan Vander Esch, and Todd Skirving
James Melindy, Garrett Johnston, and Tommy Panico
One of the players on the season-ending roster, Parker Gahagen, recorded a .939 save percentage and a 1.81 goals against average through his 15 games as a Growler. He was picked up early in the season after putting up respectable numbers in the SPHL, publishing a .919 save percentage and a 2.63 goals against average with the Evansville Thunderbolts.
Also added to the list, captain Melindy who, through his 35 games this season, recorded 78 PIM and a +/- of 4. James has served as the team’s only captain, after being appointed by then-head coach, Ryan Clowe.
Last season, the Newfoundland Growlers finished first in the North Divison, with a record of 42-17-0-1. The Growlers broke the ECHL record for most consecutive home wins, winning 19 straight games.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until August 1, at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2019-20 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
What’s Cool on Twitter
◼️HEART OF A CHAMPION◼️
— Newfoundland Growlers (@NLGrowlers) June 15, 2020
A native of St. John’s, Newfoundland, Zack Power primarily covers the AHL’s Toronto Marlies. Follow Zack on Twitter for all the latest Marlies (and occasional Growlers) news and notes!
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory