CLEVELAND, Ohio– The Cleveland Monsters beat the visiting Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 3-2 in overtime at the First Energy Field, on Saturday.
After a 5-hour delay due to poor ice conditions, both teams took the ice at 6:07 P.M. The Penguins stroke first when Peter DiLiberatore beat Monsters Jet Greaves 5:42 into the first. Raivis Ansons added another goal 10 minutes later to give the Penguins a 2-0 lead before the first intermission. With less than one minute to play in the second period, Justin Richards got Cleveland on the board. Marcus Bjork tied the game in the third period and scored the winning goal 31 seconds into overtime. Dustin Tokarski had 28 saves for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage
- PHOTOS: RJ Forbus’ Best Photos from the 2022-2023 Season
- PHOTOS: Héctor Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- Greenville Brings Back Former Defenseman
- PHOTOS: Drake Harlett’s Best Photos of the 2022-23 Season