JACKSONVILLE, Fla – The Jacksonville Icemen faced the Adirondack Thunder Friday night for the first of back-to-back games. This was Adirondack’s first game of the season against the Icemen and only their second-ever visit to Jacksonville. The Thunder took a 5-2 victory over the Icemen.
The Thunder’s Shane Harper netted the first goal of the game and had an assist on all four of the additional Thunder goals. This earned him the first star of the game. Christopher Brown scored both of the Icemen’s goals in the first and second periods. Jacksonville was missing some key vocal players in the game, having lost Zach Jordan, who was called up to the Icemen’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack, earlier in the week and then traded. Craig Martin, who was injured in practice earlier in the day, and Derek Lordemeier, who just became a father for the first time. This meant a number of different players were playing on different lines.
The two teams match-up again for round two Saturday evening.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend