READING, PA – The Reading Royals and Adirondack Thunder faced off for the last time in the regular season on Wednesday.
Max Newton scored the lone first-period goal to give the Royals a 1-0 lead. Sebastian Vidmar scored early in the second period to tie the game. Jacob Gaucher and Alec Butcher scored two minutes apart to give the Royals a two goal lead. With two minutes left in the second period, Shane Harper scored to cut the Royals’ lead to one goal.
Brady Fleurent scored three minutes into the third to tie the game. Both teams pushed for the game winner but ultimately it went to overtime. Patrick Grasso scored three minutes into OT to complete the comeback for the Thunder, with a 4-3 victory.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023