READING, Pa. – The Reading Royals and Adirondack Thunder faced off for some Wednesday night hockey.
The Royals took a 2-0 lead in the first with goals from Dominic Cormier and Anthony Gagnon. The second period also went the Royals way, with them taking a 4-0 lead with goals from Patrick Bajkov and a second Cormier goal. The Thunder finally broke the shutout with a goal from Shane Harper.
The Royals were able to hold off the Thunder with third-period goals from Trevor Gooch and an empty netter from Patrick McNally.
Also in the contest. Filip Virgili scored a goal for the Thunder; it was his first in the ECHL. The final score was 6-2 Royals.
Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski was there to capture the action.
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah