READING, PA The Reading Royals and Adirondack Thunder faced off for a Wednesday night game that was evenly matched throughout the contest and scoreless through the first period.
Both teams scored in the second period to end the frame tied at 1. The Thunder took a quick 2-1 lead in the third before the Royals scored twice for a 3-2 lead prior to the Thunder tying the game again with seven minutes left in the third. The game then went to OT and eventually the shootout. Tyler Irvine had the lone goal of the shootout to give the Thunder the win. The final score was 4-3. Sarah Pietrowski was there to capture the action.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season