READING, Pa. – The Reading Royals and Adirondack Thunder faced off for a Wednesday night game. The Royals opened the scoring three minutes into the game with a power play goal from Kevin Conley, which was his first professional goal. Patrick Bajkov scored ten minutes later to give the Royals a 2-0 lead. The Royals increased their lead to 3-0 just over nine minutes into the second period when Mason Millman scored.
The Thunder cut into the Royals’ lead with a shorthanded goal from Shane Harper late in the second and a Luke Stevens’ goal early in the third.
Bajkov restored the Royals’ two-goal lead 8:14 into the third. Patrick Grasso scored for the Thunder with two minutes left in the third to bring the score to 4-3, but the Thunder could not find the equalizer before time ran out.
Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski was there to capture the action.
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah