CINCINNATI, Ohio – It took just seven seconds for the Cyclones’ Matt McLeod to fly from end to end and score the game-winning overtime goal against the Allen Americans on Saturday night.
Josh Burnside also scored his first professional career goal for the Cyclones in the 4-3 victory over the Americans.
Allen struck first at the 2:34 mark into the game, when J.C Campagna slipped the puck past Michael Houser for the 1-0 lead. Jesse Schultz tied the game for the Cyclones, with his 16th goal of the season less than eight minutes later. In the second period, three goals were scored in a span of just over three minutes, putting Cincinnati up by 2-1 at the end of the second. A lone goal by Americans’ Branden Troock made the score even in the final period, sending the game to overtime.
Field Pass Hockey photographer Hector Urcia was there for the game and shot this gallery!
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part Two)
- Greenville Re-Signs High-Scoring Forward
- PHOTOS: Jason Johansen’s Best Photos of 2022-2023 Season
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)