RAPID CITY, S.D. — The Rapid City Rush returned to the friendly confines of the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center for a three-game series against the division-leading Allen Americans.
Amid the current pandemic, crowd levels have not seemed to suffer much in Rapid City. Wednesday’s contest saw 1,892 in attendance while Friday’s and Saturday’s games each saw significant jumps: 3,182 and 4,213 respectively.
Fans in attendance for this series were treated to numerous brawls, including the Saturday finale that saw 23 total infractions for 77 total penalty minutes between each club. The middle frame saw the most action as 20 of those penalties occurred in the 2nd period, with 14 of those penalties taking place in the first ten minutes.
It was a close series as the Rush took the mid-week game by a score of 3-2 but fell 4-2 in each of the remaining two games. The final goals for the Americans in both contests were of the empty-netter variety.
Rapid City Rush: Three-game series at home against the Tulsa Oilers, starting Friday night
Allen Americans: Three-game series at home against the Wichita Thunder, starting Friday night
Here are our highlights from this three-game tilt:
Mike Crook is a photographer and vlogger covering the Rapid City Rush for The Sin Bin. Follow and interact with him on Twitter @SinBinRush.
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington