JACKSONVILLE, Fla – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen faced off against the visiting Atlanta Gladiators. The Icemen prevailed with a 2-1 victory.
After a scoreless first period, Mike Pelech put Atlanta up 1-0 after backhanding the puck over the shoulder of Jacksonville’s netminder Olaf Lindbom, for his 8th goal of the season. Jacksonville’s Zach Jordan evened things up late in the second period with his 14th goal of the season. Jordan, who broke his stick behind the play, was quickly handed a new stick by the equipment manager as he passed the bench, caught the pass, and put the puck straight in the back of the net. Christopher Brown had the game-winning goal at the 3:16 mark of the third period, with his 16th goal of the year. Atlanta was unable answerback and had their first regulation loss in the last six games.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend