JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen (sporting their new alternate third jerseys for the first time at home), faced off against the Atlanta Gladiators. The Icemen were victorious with an impressive 6-1 victory over Atlanta, thanks in part to a stellar performance by netminder Michael McNiven who turned away 35 of the 36 shots he faced on goal.
The Icemen were up 2-0 by the end of the first period thanks to goals by Dajon Mingo and Brenden Warren. Icemen goals by Bobby Lynch, Wacey Rabbit and Braylon Shmyr during the second period gave Jacksonville a 5-0 lead. Bobby Lynch would score again in the third period giving Jacksonville a commanding 6-0 advantage. A power play goal by Atlanta’s Samuel Asselin just past the halfway point of the third, would ruin McNiven’s bid for a shutout and put the Gladiators on the board.
Check out this photo gallery from The Sin Bin’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Three – Let’s Go Stargazing
- Bears, Sgarbossa Skating to Success
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Two – Pride and Maple Leafs
- Thunder’s All-ECHL Netminder Returns for Second Season in Air Capital
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Forwards
- Pre-Preseason Manitoba Moose Lineup Speculation
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day One- Puck Drop
- A ‘Roc’king Offseason – Amerks’ Additions
- Tim Branham Departs Utah for AHL’s Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Speaks Episode #55: Preseason News!