JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen (sporting their new alternate third jerseys for the first time at home), faced off against the Atlanta Gladiators. The Icemen were victorious with an impressive 6-1 victory over Atlanta, thanks in part to a stellar performance by netminder Michael McNiven who turned away 35 of the 36 shots he faced on goal.
The Icemen were up 2-0 by the end of the first period thanks to goals by Dajon Mingo and Brenden Warren. Icemen goals by Bobby Lynch, Wacey Rabbit, and Braylon Shmyr during the second period gave Jacksonville a 5-0 lead. Bobby Lynch would score again in the third period giving Jacksonville a commanding 6-0 advantage. A power play goal by Atlanta’s Samuel Asselin just past the halfway point of the third, would ruin McNiven’s bid for a shutout and put the Gladiators on the board.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- Tim Branham Departs Utah for AHL’s Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Speaks Episode #55: Preseason News!
- Top Draft Picks Battle in Keystone State Showdown
- Snively Brings Important Skill to Hershey
- Marlies & Growlers Sign Nine
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #9: Chattin’ with the Commish
- 2021 Field Pass Hockey Fan Survey
- Malenstyn Eyes Key Season in Return From Injury
- Quad City Storm Racking Up New Additions
- Crunch Announces Fan Admittance Policies for 2021-22