JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen (sporting their new alternate third jerseys for the first time at home), faced off against the Atlanta Gladiators. The Icemen were victorious with an impressive 6-1 victory over Atlanta, thanks in part to a stellar performance by netminder Michael McNiven who turned away 35 of the 36 shots he faced on goal.
The Icemen were up 2-0 by the end of the first period thanks to goals by Dajon Mingo and Brenden Warren. Icemen goals by Bobby Lynch, Wacey Rabbit, and Braylon Shmyr during the second period gave Jacksonville a 5-0 lead. Bobby Lynch would score again in the third period giving Jacksonville a commanding 6-0 advantage. A power play goal by Atlanta’s Samuel Asselin just past the halfway point of the third, would ruin McNiven’s bid for a shutout and put the Gladiators on the board.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- Penguins Pushing For Playoff Spoiler
- Cramarossa Leads Iowa Past IceHogs In OT
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 15: Hat Tricks
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs Reading Royals – 1/22/2022
- Bears Surge Past Penguins
- Inside the SPHL Podcast Episode #15: Kasey Kulczycki & All-Star Vote Reveal
- Marlies Score Late, Take OT Win From Griffins
- White Keeps Heartlanders Rolling
- Late Goal Lifts Pack Past Bears
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 01/22/22