JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Wednesday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the visiting Atlanta Gladiators in their first visit to Jacksonville this season. The game required a shootout to determine a winner, with Jacksonville’s netminder François Brassard stopping all three shootout shots to give them the 4-3 victory.
During the game, Atlanta’s captain Derek Nesbitt played his 1000th professional career game, which was acknowledged by the Jacksonville crowd. Jacksonville’s Craig Martin continued his seven-game point streak with a goal in the first period, and gave the Icemen the win with the lone goal in the shootout.
The Icemen continued their win streak and set a new club record with their seventh win in a row. They sit in first place in both the South Division and the Eastern Conference, with a three-point lead over second place Florida.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination After Loss to Everblades