JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Wednesday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the visiting Atlanta Gladiators in their first visit to Jacksonville this season. The game required a shootout to determine a winner, with Jacksonville’s netminder François Brassard stopping all three shootout shots to give them the 4-3 victory.
During the game, Atlanta’s captain Derek Nesbitt played his 1000th professional career game, which was acknowledged by the Jacksonville crowd. Jacksonville’s Craig Martin continued his seven-game point streak with a goal in the first period, and gave the Icemen the win with the lone goal in the shootout.
The Icemen continued their win streak and set a new club record with their seventh win in a row. They sit in first place in both the South Division and the Eastern Conference, with a three-point lead over second place Florida.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed
- Flyers, Phantoms Aim to Rebuild
- Fuel make First Signings of 2022-23