JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Wednesday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the visiting Atlanta Gladiators in their first visit to Jacksonville this season. The game required a shootout to determine a winner, with Jacksonville’s netminder François Brassard stopping all three shootout shots to give them the 4-3 victory.
During the game, Atlanta’s captain Derek Nesbitt played his 1000th professional career game, which was acknowledged by the Jacksonville crowd. Jacksonville’s Craig Martin continued his seven-game point streak with a goal in the first period, and gave the Icemen the win with the lone goal in the shootout.
The Icemen continued their win streak and set a new club record with their seventh win in a row. They sit in first place in both the South Division and the Eastern Conference, with a three-point lead over second place Florida.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Rocket Split Weekend in New England
- Marlies Down Bears in Overtime
- Rockford Splits Weekend With Monsters
- Fuel Outlast Heartlanders in Overtime
- Staal Skate-Off Goal Gives Wild Win in OT
- Sweet Sound of Victory: Mayhem take down Ice Bears in OT
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/12/22
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Atlanta Gladiators – 01/07/22
- Swaney Short-Handed Goal Propels Wild
- Ulett’s OT Game Winner Spoils Iowa Comeback