READING, PA – For the first time this season the Reading Royals faced off against a South Division opponent. The Atlanta Gladiators visited Reading Friday night for the first of three straight games.
The Royals did not give the Gladiators a warm welcome. The Royals opened the scoring seven minutes into the first when Jacob Gaucher scored, and Devon Paliani made it 2-0 just 20 seconds later. Evan Barratt continued his hot March streak, and scored to give the Royals a 3-0 lead with less than three minutes left in the first. The Royals onslaught continued in the second. Charlie Gerard, Barratt, and Paliani also scored in the first 12 minutes of the second to take a commanding 6-0 lead. Atlanta’s Michael Pelech broke Pat Nagle’s shutout bid with a short handed goal with six minutes left in the second. Brendan Hoffmann and Ted McGeen finished out the second period scoring. Cody Sylvester scored midway through the third period for the Gladiators, but they could not produce any more offense. The final score was 8-2 to Reading.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win