READING, PA – The Reading Royals and Atlanta Gladiators faced off for the final time during the regular season on Sunday.
Unlike the previous two nights, the Gladiators opened the scoring with a power-play goal from Mitch Walinski midway through the first. Tyson Empey gave the Gladiators a 2-0 lead with two minutes left in the second period, before Alec Butcher got the Royals on the board 40 seconds later. Sanghoon Shin regained Atlanta’s two-goal lead with nine seconds left in the second.
Tyler Heidt scored in the third to bring the Royals within one but the Royals could not complete the comeback. The final score was 3-2 to Atlanta.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win