EVANSVILLE, Ind. – The Thunderbolts’ home opener saw the Bulls come roaring into Evansville on Saturday. Coming off a 2-1 win against Knoxville the previous night, the atmosphere in the Ford Center was electric as fans filed in with their thundersticks at the ready.
The Bulls ultimately came out on top with a 4-2 win against the Bolts, but not for lack of effort. Evansville’s first goal of the night came from rookie defenseman Felix Kronwall on a breakaway, with less than four minutes left in the second period. It was also Kronwall’s first pro goal.
“As a defenseman, I would not expect my first pro goal to be on a breakaway,” he shared with me. “However, it was good to get my first goal out of the way but it would have felt even better with a win for the team.”
Goal number two came with just 20 seconds left in the game, scooped in by newcomer in Evansville, forward and newly named alternate captain, Derek Sutliffe.
Check out Kori LaVire’s photo gallery from the game:
- ECHL Officials Get Chance at Traverse City Prospects Tournament
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Four- Blues Bully Red Wings
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Three – Let’s Go Stargazing
- Bears, Sgarbossa Skating to Success
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Two – Pride and Maple Leafs
- Thunder’s All-ECHL Netminder Returns for Second Season in Air Capital
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Forwards
- Pre-Preseason Manitoba Moose Lineup Speculation
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day One- Puck Drop
- A ‘Roc’king Offseason – Amerks’ Additions