TOLEDO, Ohio – Wednesday night, the Cincinnati Cyclones came into the Huntington Center in hopes of cutting the Toledo Walleye series lead to 2-1. In a pivotal Game 3, goal-tenders for both teams shined bright. The Walleye won the game by a score of 2-1, which pushed their series lead to 3-0.
Goaltender Sebastian Cossa faced an overwhelming 44 shots and made 43 saves. Cossa’s 43-save performance became his new personal best for saves during a game. T.J. Hensick(1G, 1A) and Charlie Curti(0G, 2A) led the team with two points a piece with the points coming from the second period in which the Walleye would score twice. Drew Worrad of the Walleye started the scoring at the 11:35 mark of the second period off a nice pass from Hensick.
Adam Berg of the Cyclones scored the lone goal of the night for Cincinnati at the 4:45 mark of the third period. Mark Sinclair of the Cyclones started his first playoff game of the playoffs this year and went on to record 29 saves on 31 Walleye shots. The Cyclones in the second period recorded 23 shots but none of them found the back of the net.
The Cyclones and Walleye face off today in a do-or-die game for the Cyclones in Toledo for Game 4 of the Central Division Finals. The Walleye will look to close out the series.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Drake Harlett for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win