PENSACOLA, Fla — Evansville Thunderbolts flew into the Pensacola Bay Center this past weekend for a three-game weekend series against the Pensacola Ice Flyers.
The Flyers fell to the Thunderbolts 4-2 in Friday night’s opening game. After taking a first intermission lead, then tying the game before the second-period break, the Ice Flyers managed only seven shots in the final period and fell to the Evansville Thunderbolts as the teams began a set of three consecutive games at the Pensacola Bay Center. One of the highlights from Friday 03/24/2023 night’s game is that Ice Flyers scored two more power-play goals. This brings the Ice Flyers to 58 PPG this season, the most in the Southern Professional Hockey League. Forty of these power-play goals have been on home ice.
Saturday night’s game Lucas Herrmann, on a perfect backhand pass across the goal crease from forward Joey Sofo, scored his first goal as an Ice Flyer with 5:01 left in the first period. The Ice Flyers took a 3-1 victory in that game.
Forward Malik Johnson‘s penalty shot in the third period proved to be the difference-maker in Pensacola’s 4-1 victory on Sunday. The Ice Flyers won the third game of the series 4-1.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Bill Kober for highlights from this three-game series.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win