MOLINE, Ill. – The Quad City Storm returned to their own ice for round two with the Evansville Thunderbolts at Vibrant Arena on Saturday evening, February 11, 2023, after dropping the previous night’s battle 4-1 at the Ford Center.
The home team fans were hoping Dollar Beers and Union Night, with a sell-out crowd of 5300, would offer some needed energy and encouragement for the Storm squad and stop a 2-8-0 slide in their previous ten games. Evansville was outshot by the Quad City team by 20 shots over the three periods, but with too many costly giveaways, along with poor positioning in all three zones, would spell disaster for the home team. The Storm fans started departing the arena in mass, shortly after the final third-period media timeout when they determined their team did not have the needed fight to come from behind – in the end, the Thunderbolts left with a 3-1 victory.
Read the game recap/analysis from Field Pass Hockey writer Anna Headley Storm Continues Spiral as Thunderbolts Sweep Weekend
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Tim Lester, who was there to capture the action.
Tim Lester is Field Pass Hockey’s Peoria Rivermen and Quad City Storm photographer and will be bringing you action from both teams all season long.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Worcester Railers – 03/22/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/18/2023
- Bears Roll Amidst Lineup Changes
- Breaking Down Atlanta’s Path To The Postseason
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 59: Obstructed View
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023