MOLINE, Ill. – On Friday and Saturday the Quad City Storm played host to the visiting Evansville Thunderbolts in a two-game series.
In Friday night’s game, the Storm wore specialty themed jerseys for Scout night, which were auctioned off postgame.
Lighting the lamp for the first goal of the night was Marcus Ortiz for the Storm. Evansville could not match any of the three goals scored by the Storm until the middle of the third period, when Brennan Feasey hit the back of the net on the power play. The Storm responded with a goal to make it 4-1. A two-goal comeback bid by the Thunderbolts fell short, resulting in a 4-3 win for the Storm.
Saturday night was Paw Patrol Night, with the Storm players sporting more specialty jerseys.
Evansville put the puck in the back of the net first with a goal by Brandon Lubin in the first period, followed by a shorthanded goal by Cameron Cook in the second. Momentum then changed with the Storm netting five unanswered goals, including two empty net goals by Nick Mangone and Cole Golka, to take the 5-2 victory.
Field Pass Hockey’s Emi Anderson was there for all the action!
- Green Leads Growlers to Win, Avoiding Elimination
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead