MACON, Ga. – The Fayetteville Marksmen made the trip to Macon for the second time this season on Friday night to battle the Mayhem. The Mayhem were victorious at the last meeting and hoped to continue that success. The game did not start the way Macon had planned when former Mayhem Brian Bowen netted the first goal for Fayetteville within the first minute of the game. Bowen would score again just after the 5-minute mark of the opening frame. The first period ended with the Marksmen up 3 to 1.
The second period was full of penalties for each team, but the score remained unchanged. The Mayhem were able to close the lead by one when they pulled their goalie for the extra attacker. Time would run out before Macon could finish the comeback. The Fayetteville Marksmen won with a final score of 3 to 2.
Check out Bryan Meeks’ gallery, and be sure to follow him at Orbicular Media, MaconHockey.Photos and on Instagram!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Worcester Railers – 03/22/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/18/2023
- Bears Roll Amidst Lineup Changes
- Breaking Down Atlanta’s Path To The Postseason
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 59: Obstructed View
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023