MACON, Ga. – The Fayetteville Marksmen and Macon Mayhem faced off for the 12th time this season on March 4. The Marksmen had been victorious in every meeting prior to this one, with the past meetings featuring evenly matched play, creating a good rivalry between these teams.
On this night, the Mayhem and Marksmen traded goals through the first and second periods. The third period would open with the game tied at two a piece. A pair of “Too many men on the ice” penalties would limit Macon’s scoring chances. The Mayhem’s penalty kill kept them in the game. Macon’s Scott Coash would score the game-winning goal midway through the final frame. The Mayhem would hold on to defeat the Marksmen for the first time of the season with a final score of 3 to 2.
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener