MACON, Ga. – The Fayetteville Marksmen and Macon Mayhem faced off for the 12th time this season on March 4. The Marksmen had been victorious in every meeting prior to this one, with the past meetings featuring evenly matched play, creating a good rivalry between these teams.
On this night, the Mayhem and Marksmen traded goals through the first and second periods. The third period would open with the game tied at two a piece. A pair of “Too many men on the ice” penalties would limit Macon’s scoring chances. The Mayhem’s penalty kill kept them in the game. Macon’s Scott Coash would score the game-winning goal midway through the final frame. The Mayhem would hold on to defeat the Marksmen for the first time of the season with a final score of 3 to 2.
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem