ROANOKE, Va – It was an early day for the Fayetteville Marksmen and the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs, as over 2000 area school-age fans poured into the Berglund Center for the School Day Game. Their infectious energy was not enough, as the Dawgs were just shy of a win, with a score of 4-3.
Both teams ended the first period scoreless and without any penalties. The second period saw a power play goal from Fayetteville’s Austin Alger. Things kept going downhill for Roanoke after that. Fayetteville scored two short handed goals, courtesy of Nick Mangone and Taylor McCloy. Roanoke switched goalies, putting Tom Aubrun in the net, but the second period ended with a score of 4-0.
The third period, the Dawgs showed that “school spirit”. Josh Nenadal scored first, assisted by C.J. Valerian. Matt O’Dea scored on a Mac Jansen rebound. That was followed up less than a minute later with a Nick Ford goal from distance. The Dawgs never gave up, outshooting the Marksmen 15-3 in that final period, while the cheers fed their momentum.
Check out the photo gallery, captured by Field Pass Hockey’s Michele Hancock!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Worcester Railers – 03/22/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/18/2023
- Bears Roll Amidst Lineup Changes
- Breaking Down Atlanta’s Path To The Postseason
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 59: Obstructed View
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023