ROANOKE, Va – The Fayetteville Marksmen brought not only a group of faithful fans, but a 2-1 win in the second of a two-game series with the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs.
It was “Top Gun” Night, bringing a “Dawg Fight” to the ice rather than the air. Record attendance brought cheers as the teams battled hard in a mostly scoreless game.
In the end, the game had a tied score 1-1 at the end of regulation. Dominiks Marcinkevics scored the only goal for Roanoke, and Fayetteville’s lone goal came from Nick Mangone. After a scoreless overtime, a shootout was needed with Austin Alger scoring to give Fayetteville the victory.
Both team were evenly matched throughout the game, especially both goalies. Roanoke’s Austyn Roudebush stopped 32 of 33 shots , and Fayetteville’s Conor O’Brien stopped 36 of 37 shots.
Check out the photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Michele Hancock, who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023