ROANOKE, Va. – Fresh off their win in Fayetteville, Roanoke’s Dawgs looked to add another win in front of the home crowd. Mac Jansen scored first, hot off his hat trick in Fayetteville the previous game. Roanoke controled most of the game, with their goaltender Jason Pawloski stopping 38-of-40 attempts by the Dawgs, while Roanoke’s Brody Claeys stopping 16-of-19 attempts. The two winning Fayetteville goals came back to back in the last five minutes of the game. Jeff Jones narrowed the lead by one, with a quick rebound short handed goal. The tension between the teams proved to be too much, as the horn ended the game, but tempers still flared. These teams will meet again in Fayetteville this weekend, as the rivalry will be sure to continue.
The night was also a tribute night honoring the former ECHL team, the Roanoke Express. It brought out one of the largest crowds of the season. A different specialty jersey was worn each period, and then auctioned off after the game. Part of the proceeds were donated to the Team Tootoo Foundation, in honor of former Express player & Express Rookie of the year, Terence Tootoo. The foundation raises awareness for suicide prevention and uses anti-bullying programs to help at risk youths. Tootoo was, and remains a fan favorite in the Roanoke Valley.
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed
- Flyers, Phantoms Aim to Rebuild
- Fuel make First Signings of 2022-23