JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on their South Division rivals, the Florida Everblades. The Everblades have already clinched a spot in the playoffs, whereas the Icemen still have some work to do if they want to advance. The two teams played each other two days prior in Estero with the Everblades taking the victory, so the Icemen needed the win to pick up a much-needed two points.
Mike Hedden had a goal in the first and second periods, but the Everblades’ shorthanded goal in the first period and power play goal late in the third sent the game into overtime. Just past the halfway point of OT, the Icemen’s Dajon Mingo netted the game-winning goal to give Jacksonville a 3-2 overtime win.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory
- Kelly Cup Playoff Western Conference Final Preview: Toledo Walleye vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Kelly Cup Playoff Eastern Conference Final Preview: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Florida Everblades
- Ghost Pirates announce Vegas as Affiliate, Bennett as Head Coach
- Mike Eaves Stepping Aside but Leaving Legacy in Cleveland
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 31: Blue People Group