JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on their South Division rivals, the Florida Everblades. The Everblades have already clinched a spot in the playoffs, whereas the Icemen still have some work to do if they want to advance. The two teams played each other two days prior in Estero with the Everblades taking the victory, so the Icemen needed the win to pick up a much-needed two points.
Mike Hedden had a goal in the first and second periods, but the Everblades’ shorthanded goal in the first period and power play goal late in the third sent the game into overtime. Just past the halfway point of OT, the Icemen’s Dajon Mingo netted the game-winning goal to give Jacksonville a 3-2 overtime win.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 36: 2022-23 AHL Season Kickoff
- Several Thunder Players Attending AHL Camps
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #35: Jason Ruff
- Michael Mersch a Significant Add to the Rochester Americans
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)