JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on their South Division rivals, the Florida Everblades. The Everblades have already clinched a spot in the playoffs, whereas the Icemen still have some work to do if they want to advance. The two teams played each other two days prior in Estero with the Everblades taking the victory, so the Icemen needed the win to pick up a much-needed two points.
Mike Hedden had a goal in the first and second periods, but the Everblades’ shorthanded goal in the first period and power play goal late in the third sent the game into overtime. Just past the halfway point of OT, the Icemen’s Dajon Mingo netted the game-winning goal to give Jacksonville a 3-2 overtime win.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO
- Storylines to Look Out For at Canucks Training Camp
- New Look Wolves Aim for Central Division Repeat
- Stingrays Building Roster for 2021-22 Season
- Flyers, Rangers Prospects Trade Wins
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Five – Consistency